Possible D3 integration

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Hi Jason,

First of all, thank you for great work of creating DirectX line chart.

I'm back to D3's development.

So we should probably integrate your DX line chart to the trunk of D3. Please reply what do you think about it.

Also I think that D3 will target .NET 4.0, and we should change the target framework of this project, too. As I have noticed, there are two versions of SlimDX - x86 and x64. Should we create two separate versions of D3.DirectXChart?

Best regards,

Mikhail Brinchuk,

DynamicDataDisplay developer.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Hi Mikhail,
It is good to have you back working on the project. Does this mean that D3 development will be back up and running full-time? If so, then I think merging my DirectX changes back into the main project makes sense.
As for targeting .NET 4.0, I think that is a great idea, as long as it is a seperate branch from the 3.5 libraries. A lot of users have 3.5 projects and cannot move to 4.0 yet - myself included.
You are correct about the SlimDX versions. The reason for this is that DirectX has seperate APIs for x64 and x86. I think we shoud probably make x86 the default with a copy of the project file set for x64 located in the source. What do think about this approach?
Thanks,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Thecentury <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,

So we should probably integrate your DX line chart to the trunk of D3. Please reply what do you think about it.

Also I think that D3 will target .NET 4.0, and we should change the target framework of this project, too. As I have noticed, there are two versions of SlimDX - x86 and x64. Should we create two separate versions of D3.DirectXChart?

Best regards,

Mikhail Brinchuk,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (d3commdev@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email d3commdev@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Jason Fox
Nov 23, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Hi Jason,

Yes, I'm going to continue D3's development full time.
I think, source code in version control system will contain only code targeted for 4.0, but there will be two kind of release - 4.0 and feature-cutted 3.5.

Situation with D3 is such: I will not be able to work on dynamicdatadisplay.codeplex.com, so I will create a separate branch located at d3future.codeplex.com (I have not published source code yet, I will do it in a place with stable internet connection).
I suppose that I will use Mercurial as a version control system, and usage of this system is going to make it easier to create a any users' branches and merging with the trunk.

Also I think that there will be two libraries for SlimDX-powered chart - x64 & x86, as you've said.
--
Best regards,
Mikhail.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Foxman13 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Mikhail,
It is good to have you back working on the project. Does this mean that D3 development will be back up and running full-time? If so, then I think merging my DirectX changes back into the main project makes sense.
As for targeting .NET 4.0, I think that is a great idea, as long as it is a seperate branch from the 3.5 libraries. A lot of users have 3.5 projects and cannot move to 4.0 yet - myself included.
You are correct about the SlimDX versions. The reason for this is that DirectX has seperate APIs for x64 and x86. I think we shoud probably make x86 the default with a copy of the project file set for x64 located in the source. What do think about this approach?
Thanks,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Thecentury <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,

Best regards,

Mikhail Brinchuk,

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (d3commdev@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email d3commdev@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Jason Fox

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Awesome!  Glad to have you back working on D3 Future Mikhail.

I work with D3 on a statistical project everyday - thank you for sharing all your hard work which has certainly helped my projects a lot.

David

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Hi Jason and David,
I have started new era in D3 development at d3future.codeplex.com. I have decided to use Mercurial there as a VCS. If you want some feature appear in D3's trunk please feel yourself to create a fork and implement your changes there and then request merge.
Thank you and looking forward for cooperation,
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,
My freelance CV - searching for remote work